Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nathan's Hot Dogs...Simply the Best!


According to a recent taste test performed by Cook's Illustrated (The Consumer's Report of the kitchen), Nathan's hot dogs were the "Best in Show". They are dogs, aren't they, so why not use the jargon of the Westminster Kennel Club?

I'm not surprised. They have always been a favorite of our family. Still, its nice to have our taste buds' opinion confirmed by such a prestigious organizaion as America's Test Kitchen.

But, eating 53 3/4 Nathan's hot dogs in 12 minutes, as the winner of the hot dog-eating contest did at Coney Island on the 4th of July, seems a bit much. I prefer to eat just a couple on steamed buns with mustard, chili, onions, +/- slaw, over a period of 10 - 15 minutes. This allows me to savor every bite.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmMMMMMmmmm..... hot dogs....

July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, after seeing how much calories one consumes, I don't think I would do that contest. Although I might enter a vending machine contest because there is a lot of money on it.

Can your body really retain that main calories in one sitting?

July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home